EASTERN CARIBBEAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (ECTEL)
POST OF RESEARCH OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment to the post of RESEARCH OFFICER with the Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (ECTEL) at its regional office located in Saint Lucia.
Under the general direction of the Director of Economics and Finance, the RESEARCH OFFICER shall be expected to, among other things:
• To undertake research and analysis to inform future strategies and policy
• To undertake research and analysis in support of organisational objectives and present findings to stakeholders
• To assess the implications of emerging trends in the political, economic, social, technological and legal environment, locally, regionally and internationally.
• To compile relevant timely and high quality study reports/briefs with clear findings and recommendations to inform policy direction.
• To monitor and evaluate the implementation of electronic communications regulation policy against specific performance indicators and compile comprehensive reports on the findings.
• To undertake research that will guide procurement activities.
• To review the effectiveness of policy and regulatory decisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduate degree or equivalent qualification, with major in research methods or equivalent qualification
• Minimum of five (5) years related work experience with a successful track record in conducting research
• Experience in empirical research, data analysis and in writing evidence-based reports
• Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, and familiarity with data analysis software
• Familiarity with principles of data science and analytics
• Knowledge of research design and implementation
• Ability to analyse and interpret large data sets
• Excellent level of report writing, presentation and communication skills
• Creative thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills
• Ability to engage in post project evaluation
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing interests
• Proactive and professionally confident
• Ability to work independently or in a team
• Proficient in use of business software
• Knowledge of electronic communications regulation
Applications should be clearly marked “Application for Research Officer” and sent to email@example.com or in sealed envelopes and addressed to:
The Managing Director
Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority
P O Box 1886
Applications should be accompanied by curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of two referees, along with certified copies of relevant certificates.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 30th September 2016.